Edwin Dalley
Direct: (914) 204-1135
Office: (845) 462-8990
Fax: (845) 485-3019


Area Links
Find a home in Beekman

The name "Beekman" became attached to this area in 1697, when Henry Beekman, a large landowner from Kingston, obtained a grant from the British crown for what was to be named the Beekman Patent.  The entire patent consisted of what we now know as the towns of  Beekman, Pawling, Dover, Unionvale and part of LaGrange. In 1703, for political reasons, Beekman turned in his first grant and received another one for the same parcel of property. 

In 1737, Beekman became a precinct and the first local government was formed. In 1788 the new State of New York was divided into counties and towns and we then became the Town of Beekman. By 1827, all the other original sections of the Beekman Patent were set off and what remained was what we know as the town limits today.

Historical Sites...

Knoll post card
Dalton Farm Clubhouse

Beekman Town Hall

Old Mill House

 © 2019 Agent Image All rights reserved. | Terms | Sitemap Design by Agent Image - Real Estate Web Site Design